Aloo Capsicum Fry, Aloo Shimla Mirch Ki Sabzi
Aloo Capsicum Fry, Diced Potatoes and Capsicum fried along with simple masalas and finally finished off with a dash of lemon juice.
When it comes to combining vegetables in any recipe, for me, Aloo Capsicum Fry comes first. First because of the ease in preparation and second the deadly combination of both potatoes and capsicum. The colour combination also matches well.
Whenever I prepare Aloo Capsicum Fry early in the morning for my lunch box, I first chop the capsicum the day before and store it. In the morning I dice the potatoes. That makes it easier for me. I really like it when it topped up with lemon juice.
Aloo Capsicum Fry goes well with both rice and any Indian bread. It made into little thicker consistency and served with dosas which will be a slight variation of masala dosa.
Let us see how to make Aloo Capsicum Fry
- Potatoes: 3 Medium Sized
- Capsicum: 2 Medium Sized
- Coriander (Dhania) Powder: 1 spoon
- Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder): ½ spoon
- Red Chilli powder: 1 spoon
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: 1.5 tbsp.
- Urad Dal: 18/2 spoon
- Mustard and Cumin Seeds: 1 spoon each
- Turmeric: A pinch
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in Urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds to splutter followed by turmeric.
- Add in the diced potatoes and fry for 5 mins
- Now add in the diced capsicum and fry until both of them are soft.
- Add Coriander, Jeera, Chilli powder and salt and mix well and fry for another 2-3 mins
- Finally add in the lemon juice and mix well
- Serve with hot rice or phulkas.