Capsicum Raita Recipe
A nice way to make kids and some elders to eat vegetables is to make Raitas. Capsicum Raita Recipe is one such side dish. Capsicum and green chillies makes this dish adorable and tasty. Capsicum and Green chillies are sautéed and mixed in curd.
Sometimes it so happens that a part of the capsicum will be left over and we would not know what to do with such a less quantity of capsicum. In such a situation I prepare this Capsicum Raita Recipe.
Let us see how to make Capsicum Raita Recipe
- Capsicum Finely Chopped: 1 Cup
- Green Chillies: 1-2
- Mustard Powder (Optional)-1 spoon
- Salt: Taste
- Curd: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Black Gram (Urad Dal): ½ spoon
- Mustard and Cumin Seeds: 1 spoon each
- Asafoetida (Optional): A pinch
- Curry Leaves: 2-3 leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot add in Black Gram and fry until they start turning brown.
- Now add in Mustard and Cumin Seeds Asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add in sliced green chillies and fry for few seconds
- Now add in chopped in Capsicum and fry until they turn soft.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool.
- Now add in salt, mustard powder and curd and mix well.
- If you are adding mustard powder, make sure the sautéed mixture is not hot, otherwise the raita turns bitter