Coconut Rice Recipe, South Indian Coconut Rice
Coconut Rice Recipe is a traditional rice recipe which is prepared even on festivals and is easy to prepare. It’s perfect for lunch box. Just have some grated coconut ready and then you are done.
I like this simple flavoured Coconut Rice Recipe because it doesn’t invite any ingredients like Ginger Garlic, Garam Masala etc. which other rice recipes would require. And it is so so simple that it’s done in minutes. So what to do with the available time? Just fry Papads or Sun Dried Vadas as accompaniment and you will love this.
Another lovely aspect of this Coconut Rice Recipe is that its colour. It’s as white as pearls. The freshly grated white coconut gets mixed up with the white rice so well that you can’t differentiate between both of them
Here are some more tasty lunch box recipes
Let us see how to make Coconut Rice Recipe
- Cooked Rice : 2 Cups
- Freshly Grated Coconut : ½ Cup
- Green Chillies : 2
- Chana Dal (Bengal Gram) : 1 tsp.
- Mustard and Cumin seeds : 1 spoon each
- Curry leaves : Few
- Red Chillies : 2 Optional
- Asafoetida : A pinch
- Salt : To taste
- Oil : 1tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot add in Chana Dal followed by mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add in curry leaves, broken red chillies, asafoetida and fry for a minute
- Now add in sliced green chillies and fry for another minute
- Add in cooked rice , salt and mix well
- Finally add in grated coconut and mix well and simmer it until the rice becomes hot
- Serve hot with papads.