Crispy Fried Eggplant, Eggplant Fritters
Crispy Fried Eggplant: Marinated sliced eggplant rolled onto semolina and then pan fried. Crispy from outside and soft inside.
I have tried many versions of Crispy Fried Eggplant. I just love the big round slices of eggplant and when pan fried it tastes amazing. Though the eggplants are hard from outside they are seedless (The big ones) and are super soft and cooks up very soon and just melts in mouth.
I have tried this crispy fried eggplant recipe by marinating in a yoghurt mixture. Though there are many international recipes available for our dearest aubergine, I preferred to given an Indian touch.
Eggplant fries consume more oil. Even though fried eggplant recipe is tasty, it is not advisable to eat on regular basis because of excessive oil. Hence these Crispy Fried Eggplants are pan fried with very less oil. And even the oil addition is incremental. So one can be really calculative while adding oil.
Coming to the effort spent on making Crispy Fried Eggplant, its not that time consuming, or difficult. The eggplant slices are should not be too thick, else it will take more time to marinate and cook. Apart from serving it as snacks you can even serve it as starters in your meal and can even be a side dish.
Let us see how to make Crispy fried eggplant
- Medium sized eggplant: 1
- Yoghurt/Curd: ½ cup
- Cumin Powder: ½ spoon
- Dhania Powder: ½ spoon
- Chilli Powder: 1.5 spoons
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1 spoon
- Gram Flour: 1 spoon add
- Fine Semolina: 1 cup
- Salt: To taste
- Turmeric Powder: A pinch
- Oil: To fry
- Slice the Eggplant into round medium thick slices and drop them in a bowl of salted water. This is to avoid changing the colour of the eggplant.
- In another mixing bowl add all the ingredients given except oil and semolina and mix well.
- Now gently drop the sliced eggplant into this mixture and slowly mix it until the masala is quoted well to all the slices.
- Allow it to marinate for 30 mins. You can even refrigerate it.
- Heat a pan and drizzle some oil on it.
- Spread the semolina on a flat plate and roll the eggplant slices on it until is uniformly quoted with semolina all over.
- Place it on the hot pan. You can add two to three slices at a time
- Now gently flip the slices and again drizzle some oil if required.
- Fry until both the sides are golden brown
- Serve it hot with any dip of your choice.