Curry Leaves Chutney , Karivepaku Pachadi
Curry leaves chutney is one of tastiest and healthy Chutneys. One of the best ways to gain the goodness of Curry Leaves.
There are many varieties of Curry Leaves Chutney. One which is little sweet and other which is not sweet in which sesame seeds are added. I prefer the sweet version of it. It contributes to a great meal especially at dinner times.
My way of eating few foods is completely inherited by my dad. So much that I cannot compromise with it. I always like Curry Leaves Chutney with hot rice, ghee. Along with that I like to eat with a piece of raw onion and dal from rasam. I just the love the combination.
Just like some of the other chutney recipes which I posted before, Curry Leaves chutney goes well even with breakfast like Idly, dosa. Once it is done it can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days. The chutney what you see in my Thalipeeth Recipe is this Curry leaves chutney.
Let us see how to make Curry Leaves Chutney.
- Fresh Curry Leaves: 2 cups
- Urad Dal (Black Gram): 1 spoon
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Seeds): 1 spoon
- Grated Jaggery: 1 tbsp.
- Tamarind: Gooseberry size
- Red Chillies: 3
- Green Chillies: 3
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Mustard and Cumin seeds: ½ spoon each
- Asafoetida and Turmeric Powder: 1/4th spoon each
- Separate Curry leaves from the steam, wash well and dry them up.
- Heat few drops of oil in a pan and add the curry leaves and fry for not more than a minute. Just until the curry leaves start changing the colour. This is to bring out the aroma of curry leaves.
- In the same add few drops of oil at a time roast Urad dal, Methi seeds, Red Chillies and Green Chillies.
- Transfer all these into the mixer jar and grind along with the tamarind extract, Salt and Jaggery to required consistency and texture. Add little water if required
- Prepare the tempering with the given ingredients and mix it into the curry leaves chutney.
- Serve it any course of meal.