Goru chikkudukaya Pachadi/Cluster Beans Chutney-గోరుచిక్కుడు పచ్చడి
Goru Chikkudukaya Pachadi/ Cluster Beans Chutney – tasty chutney which is made using fresh cluster beans which is so good to eat with hot steamed rice.
Who said that chutneys are not healthy? As long as ingredients in appropriate quantities are added they are always perfect to eat. And it is wonderful option to consume vegetables. This Goru Chikkudukaya Pachadi -Cluster beans chutney is one such example.
Cluster Beans is lovingly called Goru chikkudu kaya or Goruchikkudu in telugu, It is called chavalekayi in kannada and Gavar/Gaur in hindi. Cluster beans has many health benefits which include. Improved Blood Circulation, Stronger Bones, Improved digestion.
It also helps in controlling diabetes and cholesterol and is one of the recommended vegetables for pregnant women. I also read somewhere that it help to calm down our mind and that’s a super benefit. Apart from these benefits it helps in supplying the essential proteins and other nutrients to fight against the odds.
This is one of the vegetables which is used in preparing variety of dishes in Andhra Region; No Andhra Meal will be complete without chutney even though pickle is served. Goru Chikkudukaya Pachadi is one such recipe which is made in many Andhra families in various styles.
Let us see how to make Goru chikkudukaya pachadi/cluster beans chutney
- Fresh and firm cluster beans : 200 gms.
- Green Chillies: 6-7
- Sesame Seeds: 2.5 tbsp
- Tamarind: Gooseberry sized soaked in warm water
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: 1.5 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Mustard and cumin seeds: ½ spoon each
- Turmeric and asafoetida: A pinch each
- Curry leaves: few
- Dry roast sesame seeds and grind it to a coarse powder and keep it aside
- Chop Cluster beans into medium sized pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot add in the cluster beans and shallow fry untill soft
- In the same pan add in the green chillies and fry until the outer skin turns white.
- Transfer all these to a mixer jar and allow it to cool for sometime
- Extract the pulp out of soaked tamarind and add into the jar along with sesame powder, salt
- Grind to a coarse or smooth chutney depending on your preferences. Add little water if required to grind.
- Prepare the tempering with the given ingredients and add to the prepared chutney.
- Serve this chutney with hot steamed rice.