Homemade Paneer Recipe , How To Make homemade Paneer
Homemade Paneer or Cottage Cheese – Prepared by curdling the milk and then binding the Residue to get the fresh cubes of Paneer.
I seriously had to intentions to risk making Paneer at home. This Homemade Paneer or Cottage cheese was just accidental. And to my luck it turned out to be super good. It so happened that the milk got curdled on its own as we had kept it outside instead of refrigerating it. So whole One litre of milk got curdled. I just found that out when I kept two cups of milk to boil for making tea. Then I checked by boiling another two cups and the same result.
I did not feel like discarding the whole vessel of milk so I thought why not try making paneer. If it clicks its good. Otherwise also no loss. Finally the attempt was successful and I got the perfect Homemade Paneer or Cottage Cheese. What Next? I immediately prepared Palak Paneer the next day. And yes you are right. That is going to be my next recipe.
For Now let us see How to Make Paneer.
- Full Fat Milk 1 litre
- Lemon Juice or Curd: 1.5 to 2 tbsp.
- Bring the milk to boil.
- Once it starts to boil add Curd or Lemon Juice to curdle the milk.
- After 2-3 mins switch off the stove and let it remain for 5 minutes until the milk cools down little bit.
- Now Take a bowl and spread Muslin or cheese cloth on it and strain the boiled milk.
- Allow the watery portion of it to filter out leaving the curdled milk in the cheese cloth.
- Bring the edges of the cheese cloth and knot them and then tie it to the tap to allow the water to drain out completely.
- In between press the sack gently so that the water comes out. Let it remain for 15-20 mins.
- Now take out the sack, keep it on a plate and place some heavy weight on it. I had kept my grocery storage tin as it was completely filled
- Let it remain for 45 mins allowing the paneer to set.
- Take out the set paneer, cut them into cubes and refrigerate it until usage.
- If you are using lemon to curdle the milk, then wash the resultant mixture under running water thoroughly after it is collected in the cheese cloth. This is to get rid of the Lemon smell post preparation.
- Increase the quantity of milk to two litres if you want more quantity.