Homemade Spring Rolls
Well this recipe is from my sisters menu. She prepared this for her little one. At the same time she wanted to contribute recipes to my Blog. Hence she has taken the pictures while making it. I never thought Spring Rolls are so easy to prepare at home. While she has taken all the pain to cook and photograph this recipe, I enjoyed this snack so much for the taste and for the fact that it is Homemade.
Homemade Spring Rolls are made out of simple vegetable stir fry with the addition of sauces for the flavour. It can definitely be a part of your kid’s lunch box menu. All you need is basic vegetables, Sauces and Spring Roll Sheets. Spring Roll Sheets are easily available in Grocery stores. Homemade Spring Rolls, Needless to say is much better than the restaurant ones as there is no Ajinomoto added.
Let us see how to make Homemade Spring Rolls
Carrot, Capsicum, Cabbage Juliennes: ½ Cup Each
Spring Onions: Few
Greens of Spring Onions: ½ cup chopped
Fresh Green Peas: ½ cup
Chopped Ginger and Garlic: ½ Spoon Each
Soy Sauce, Red Chilli Sauce and Vinegar: 1 tsp. each
Salt: To taste
Spring Roll Sheets: 4
Oil: Sufficient for Frying
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and fry until Half done
- Add Green Peas and fry for few more minutes
- Now add salt and the sauces and mix well
- Simmer this vegetable mixture for few more minutes
- Switch off the stove keep this mixture aside
- Now a take a spring roll sheet and spread it on a flat surface
- Scoop out a part of the prepared mixture and place it in the middle of the sheet as shown in the pic below
- Fold the rolls and seal the edges using a watery corn flour pasted.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot gently drop the prepared rolls in the oil and fry them on medium flame
- Fry until they turn golden colour
- Repeat this frying process for the other rolls
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or any other Sauce of your choice