What is the easy way to grab and quick lunch in a busy hotel on a busy day? Grab a bowl of Jeera Rice with any dal. Simple, sumptuous and less spicy and tasty, How many of you agree with me? Well this is what I do at my workplace when I feel like something outside. My office canteen serves delicious Jeera Rice and dal. All I need to have is a Hundred Rupee Note for this.
Jeera rice is very simple and delicious rice which can be made out of freshly prepared or left over rice. Not only that it doesn’t need any other masala’s. Make this rice with long grainy rice (Example: Basmati Rice) and it is even better.
Sometimes I make it at home along with Dal Fry for my lunch box. And ha, now that the topic has come my next recipe is going to be Dal Fry which is just fabulous with Jeera Rice. So please do visit my site again for this recipe.
So let us see how to make Jeera Rice Recipe
- Rice (Long Variety or any other non-sticky rice) – 1 cup or Cooked Rice – 2 cups
- Cumin Seeds – 1.5 tbsp.
- Butter/Ghee – 1.5 tbsp.
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp.
- Curry leaves- Few
- Salt – To taste
- Cook rice to a grainy texture and spread it on a wide plate to let it cool
- Heat Butter/Ghee in a pan and allow it to melt and turn hot
- Now add in cumin seeds followed by curry leaves
- Add the cooked rice along with salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Cook on a low flame until the rice becomes moderately hot.
- Serve this hot Jeera Rice along with Dal Dry and Raita
- Instead of adding only Butter/Ghee you can add one table spoon of oil and one table spoon of Ghee together.