Lemon Cucumber Cooler
Lemon Cucumber cooler- A refreshing homemade summer drink with all the goodness of cucumber and a dash of lemon.
Do you have a portion of cucumber left at home? Do you feel like trying some different summer cooler at home? Do you also prefer a tangy and salty summer cooler like me? Then this recipe is the perfect answer for all the above questions.
This lemon cucumber cooler is very easy to make and doesn’t need in whipping or churning. And what more, I have added some desi tadka to it for a mild flavour just like our very own masala chaas. This lemon cucumber cooler is a slightly extended version of masala nimbu pani without sugar.
I personally prefer adding salt to juices like mosambi, orange, lime and of course buttermilk. I feel these quench the thirst and beat the heat quite easily than the ones with sugar. Also it is useful for people suffering from low blood pressure.
Let us see how to make this Lemon Cucumber Cooler.
- Cucumber: 1 medium sized
- Lemon: 1
- Water: 2 Glasses
- Cumin powder (Jeera Powder): ½ spoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Mustard and cumin seeds: ¼ spoon each
- Asafoetida: A pinch
- Curry Leaves: Few
- Oil: 1/3 spoon
- Peel the skin of the cucumber and grate it and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes so that it oozes out water
- Squeeze out the water from the cucumber completely in a vessel. To this add 2 glasses of water and add lemon juice squeezed out of a lemon.
- Add salt and cumin powder and mix well.
- Prepare the tempering by heating oil in small pan and then add mustard and cumin seeds followed by asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add this tempering to the prepared juice and mix well
- Serve Chilled
- Check for the bitterness of the cucumber before grating it.