Mango Sorbet without Ice cream maker, Mango Sorbet Recipe
Mango Sorbet- Pureed mango mixed with few ingredients and then frozen to crystalized texture and served as scoops in ice cream bowls.
To begin with, I have been following my friends blogs closely and found that everyone has at least one recipe of mangoes. That has driven me to try something different.And that is how this Mango Sorbet recipe came out. I tried this recipe over the last weekend and it turned out delicious. So my dear readers, sweet and juicy mango season is still on.So go ahead and try this Mango Sorbet recipe.
Sorbet is a frozen mock tail with fruit content and simple syrup as main ingredients. It is neither like ice cream nor like a smoothie or juice. It is in crystalized form and that is the beauty of this recipe.
With mango as main ingredient the golden yellow coloured mango sorbet is too tempting to eat. Just like many others even I don’t have an ice-cream maker. I decided to make this recipe without an ice cream Maker and it turned out yummy. I took a sorbet recipe shown on one of the TV channels as a baseline and then decided to make this sorbet using fresh mangoes.
This mango Sorbet can be made with any variety of ripe mangoes. The most suitable ones are Banginapally or the Alphonso. Because they are firm and cane be diced easily. But while using Banginapally variety we need to check for the taste as they might be sour sometimes, I used the Malgoba variety. Malgoba is very sweet and fibrous in texture. It was so sweet that there was no need to add sugar at all. I used sugar in very less quantity only to bring the
glaze to Sorbet.
Let us see how to make Mango Sorbet without ice cream maker
- Fresh Ripe Mangoes: 4
- Sugar: 3/4 Cup or based on the sweetness of the mangoes
- Water: 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp.
- Salt: 1/2 spoon
- Extract the pulp out of mangoes or dice them into cubes and keep it aside
- In a cooking pot add in sugar and water and boil it to make a sugar syrup out of it.
- Cool the syrup to room temperature.
- Transfer the mangoes, sugar syrup, Lemon Juice and salt into a blender and blend it to a smooth puree.
- Transfer this mixture into a freezer compatible tray or bowl and freeze it for an hour
- Take the mixture out after an hour mix it well using a spoon and then freeze it again
- Repeat this process for every hour for 5 hrs.
- And then freeze it for 1.5 to 2 hrs. at a stretch in the end
- Take it out scoop out a small portion of it and serve it in ice cream bowls.
- Enjoy the glazed, crystallised and cool mango sorbet.