Palak Paneer Recipe, How to make Palak Paneer
Palak Paneer Recipe, Famous Indian Curry for Roti and Paratha’s. Palak Paneer tastes best with fresh paneer.
Now how can I stop myself from making Palak Paneer Recipe when there is freshly made Homemade Paneer at home? That’s it. I got fresh spinach and immediately made this the next day.
Palak Paneer Recipe is very simple to make. Earlier days when I don’t know the ABC’s of cooking, I used to think it would be a tiresome process. But no, I was wrong. Lesser Ingredients, lesser preparation time, but yet a tasty curry.
Let us see how to make Palak Paneer Recipe
- Paneer /Cottage Cheese: 250 gms
- Fresh Palak (Spinach): 1 Bunch
- Onion: 1 Big Sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp.
- Green Chillies: 2 to 3
- Chilli Powder: 2 tbsp.
- Coriander (Dhania) Powder: 1 tbsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ tbsp.
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: 2.5 tbsp.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and shallow the Paneer Cubes until they start turning to a light brown colour and keep them aside.
- Clean and wash the Spinach and blanch them in boiling water. Drain the boiling water and immediately pour half bottle of water to cool down the spinach.
- Drain this water after 5 mins and again pour another half bottle of cold water and let it remain for another 5 mins.
- Now grind this blanched spinach without adding water to a fine paste.
- Now grind together half onion, ginger garlic paste, Green chillies to a paste without adding water
- Heat remaining 1.5 tbsp. of oil and add in sliced onions (remaining half) and fry until half done
- Now add in the ground onion paste and fry until raw smell goes off.
- Add in salt and other spice powders and mix well
- Now add up the Spinach Puree and little water if required and bring to a boil.
- Finally add in the fried paneer and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve this Palak Paneer with Roti
- Follow the spinach blanching process as mentioned above using the refrigerated water to retain the beautiful green colour of spinach
- Top it up with some fresh cream at the end if desired.