Sabudana Tikki Recipe , How to make Sabudana Tikki | Vrat Recipes
Sabudana Tikki Recipe or sabudana Wada is the most common fasting recipe in many parts of India. Dishes like wada, khichdi, kheer are made using sabu dana.
Sabudana Tikki Recipe is simple recipe with lesser ingredients. It just takes a bit more time. The major time consuming tasks here are keeping the sabu dana soaked and then boiling the potatoes. Now days there are many fast food chains that provide these sago wadas. But they are frozen ones but yet tasty and good.
I will explain on how to make a Sabudana Tikki Recipe which is pan fried rather than deep frying them in oil. I like both the versions. But when I make it at home, most of the times I vote for the pan fry versions because of obvious reason-less oil consumption.
Let us see how to make Sabudana Tikki Recipe
- Sago (Sabudana): 300gms
- Potatoes: 2-3 Medium Sized
- Green Chillies: 6-7 sliced
- Roasted peanuts: 100 gms
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp.
- Salt: As per taste
- Oil: Sufficient for frying on tawa
- Wash the Sago well and Pour 1 cup of water, mix well and keep it aside for 4-5 hrs.
- In between keep checking the sago if they are turning soft or not. Otherwise sprinkle some more water and mix well and leave it aside
- Powder roasted peanuts
- Once the sago is done mix this peanut powder and mix well
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and boil them until soft and mash them well
- Now add the mashed potatoes, Green Chillies, cumin seeds, salt to the sago mixture and mix well
- Divide into equal portions. Take each portion and flatten it with your palms into a Pattie shape by applying slight pressure
- Repeat this for the remaining portion of the mixture
- Heat a tawa/pan and drizzle some oil once hot
- Place the Sago wada patties on the tawa and fry until the surface turns to slight brown colour
- Turn the wadas on the other side and fry them well
- Serve hot with any chutney/pickle